Wash and care steps for your worthy silk
Some factual tips needed to be actively followed to maintain the quality of silks as well as making them last forever.
- After successful purchase remove the Shari from its dedicated box. Don’t leave the shari in box or polythene for more than 3 days.
- Unfold your silk Shari’s and it’s better to change the folding regularly in every 3 months.
- We always advise to stitch the Shari fall for jacquard and tissue Shari’s.
- Silk is a delicate material made up of natural fibres hence chemicals used in detergents will damage the root structure of silk fiber hence its always advisable to dry clean the silk products.
- It’s better to not use soap for cleaning the Shari in first three consecutive washes. Use of plain water is always recommended.
- In the beginning Shari’s, wash the border, pallu and body separately.
- Never put force by beating the garment.
- Clean it quickly and efficiently do not accumulate or keep wet for a long time.
- Separate the Shari and other garments while washing.
- Use of medium iron is only advised.
- It’s always recommended to use sweat pad for the blouse.
- Do not get wet during rain.
- Don’t bleach the silk sari’s
- Do not expose silk to direct sunlight for long time.
- Never spray silk with water while ironing.
- It’s always advised to iron the back side only.
- Don’t apply iron on the embroidery or the hand woven works done on the sari.
- If stain comes don’t rub the confined areas too hard as that can make the color fade or damage the design o0f the sari simultaneously.